Here are some tips that I use to regulate my doughnut intake, self control, and for eating a doughnut and feeling comfortable with it:
- Don’t go out and buy any doughnuts. Save it for when you go to a friends house, community event etc… where they will definitely serve doughnuts, so you don’t commit a double sin.
- Don’t eat it if you don’t really want it. Just because it’s in front of you and you have access to it doesn’t mean you want it. You should actually want it.
- Pace yourself. Think about the fact that you may be faced with this decision again over the festival, so you don’t want to overdo it straight away. Just in case.
- Use it as a cheat snack for the day or the week, or according to your cheat schedule.
- Finally, if and when you decide to eat one, eat one and only one. Stick to your decision. Stick to it.
I hope these tips help you as they help me with the doughnut challenge or simply regulating doughnut intake.